History of Creation
1. History of higher educational institution begins in 1931, when the first educational-consulting center of Central Asian Institute of Railway Engineers, which was located in Tashkent, was opened in Alma-Ata.
2. This educational-consulting center was re-organized in Almaty branch of Tashkent Institute of Railway Engineers on 1st of October in 1967.
3. Almaty Institute of Railway Engineers (AIRE) was set up on the base of branch on 20th of May in 1976.
4. Almaty Automobile and Road Institute was set up on the base of Ust-Kamenogorsk Construction Road Institute’s branch on 1st of January in 1991.
5. Kazakh Academy of Transport and Communications (KazATC) was set up on 7th of May in 1996 as the result of the merger of two transport universities - Almaty Railway Transport University and Almaty Road Transport University.
6. Kazakh Academy of Transport and Communications was named after the first kazakh railway engineer, major public and political figure, one of project developer and builder of Turkestan-Siberian Railway Mukhamedzhan Tynyshpayev on 23rd of May in 2000.
7. JSC "NC" Kazakhstan Temir Zholy" has become one of the major founders of Kazakh Academy of Transport and Communications named after M.Tynyshpaev on 22nd of February in 2013.
8. Today Kazakh Academy of Transport and Communications named after M.Tynyshpaev is one of the leading higher technical educational institutions of Kazakhstan, which trains specialists for railway (including urban electric transport and underground), road transport, Information Technology and Telecommunications, and personnel for financial and economic structures.
9. Educational and scientific process of KazATC is carried out by highly qualified teaching staff; more than 62% are doctors and candidates of sciences, professors and associate professors. There are colleges of the Academy in Astana, Almaty, Aktau, Aktobe and Shymkent.